Fire Extinguisher Sales and Service
Fire Extinguisher Service
Shipman’s has five qualified technicians on the road daily, and four in-house technicians maintaining and testing our customers’ extinguishers. We are prepared to meet all of your fire extinguisher needs—from the point of purchase to installation, inspections and life-time maintenance.
Extinguisher inspections and related services can be conducted in-house at our location or at the customer’s facility, when required. When it is necessary to remove an extinguisher for service, a loaner unit of equal UL rating is always provided. The extinguisher(s) will be serviced and returned promptly.
All extinguisher technicians are National Association of Fire Equipment Distributors (NAFED) certified and all work meets National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) requirements.
Shipman’s 9-Point Inspection
- 1Visual inspection for:
- Blockage or obstructions
- General condition
- 2Check pressure
- 3Check weight
- 4Check service dates
- 5Pull-pin test
- 6CO2 hose conductivity test
- 7Thorough cleaning
- 8Reseal with a new tamper seal
- 9Attach a new inspection tag
Shipman’s also offers inspections and service for marine fire extinguisher and suppression systems. We are fully insured to complete on-board inspections and service of all fire suppression systems.
Live Fire Extinguisher Training
Using a controlled, propane-based fire system to recreate an incipient stage fire, our certified trainers train your staff on proper fire extinguisher use. This training is safe, cost-effective, clean and allows your company to be OSHA compliant. Classes can be held at your location or at our facility.
- Complete line of Amerex brand fire extinguishers
- Additional brands available by request.
- Smoke Detectors
- Carbon Monoxide (CO) Detectors
- Emergency Lights
- Exit Signs
- Escape Ladders
- First Aid Kits
And many more residential, commercial and industrial safety products and equipment.
We maintain a comprehensive database of all the fire extinguishers we service. The date maintained includes:
- Serial number
- Type of extinguisher
- Size of extinguisher
- Location of extinguisher
- Age of extinguisher
- Last service date
- Next scheduled service date
- History of services performed
The Shipman's Advantage
- We do not charge for a service call.
- All prices include an inspection tag, tamper seal and any applicable labels.
- We have been family owned and operated since 1957.
- We are fully licensed and insured.
- Shipman’s is a USDOT-certified low and high pressure hydrostatic testing facility.
- We carry a full line of commercial, industrial, and residential safety and fire equipment.
- We service the full states of Connecticut, Rhode Island and parts of Massachusetts.