Shipman's Is Open and Here to Serve You
We are an essential business and will continue to stay open and fully operational.
- Our team members all have proper PPE and disinfectants to keep themsleves and our customers safe while providing service
- All demos, classes, gear-sizings, fit-testings, and events have been cancelled or postponed until further notice
- We have instituted a "call before you go" policy ensuring we have access to our customers' location
- We do ask that all visitors contact us before they come to our facility. If you need to pick up equipment, please proceed to the first overhead door, where a team member will assist you
- Shipman's service centers are all working to ensure that your equipment and apparatus are put back into service quickly
Essential Equipment and PPE Information
It is extremely important to have the proper PPE and equipment to keep yourself safe during this time. Below is information about essential equipment and how to properly care for it.
3M Scott Fire & Safety has provided information on how to clean and disinfect respiratory protection equipment here. **Please note this information was recently REVISED. Be sure to visit the link for the most up-to date information.
Georgia Steel’s Fresh Gear DOES kill the COVID-19 virus but the EPA has not had time to add this information to disinfectant labels. The recommended contact time is ten (10) minutes and it should be rinsed off of mask surfaces.
SDS for Fresh Gear Disinfectant and Clean Gear Towelettes from Georgia Steel
Below are a few options of reusable and disposable PPE.
- AAMI Level 3 Non-Surgical Isolation Gowns and Coveralls From Fire-Dex
- ChemMax 1 Products from Lakeland
The Extech IR200 is ideal for quickly detecting elevated body temperature.
COVID-19 Informational Links
- Cost Recovery for Fire and EMS Departments (Grant Program)
- FEMA Declarations/Emergency Management Process
3M N95 Masks
While we are able to order N95 Masks from 3M, we have not been given definitive ship dates due to the high-demand. At this time, we are only accepting orders for emergency first responders.
For more information on the various styles of masks, click here.
If you would like to order, please contact your sales representative