CMC Rescue MPD Multi-Purpose Device
The MPD allows you to go from lowering to raising without changing hardware. More than nine years of research and development went into the patented Multi-Purpose Device (MPD), which features major innovations in advanced technical hardware for rope rescue professionals. The MPD’s high-efficiency pulley, with an integral rope-grab mechanism, allows it to be used as a lowering device on the main line and belay line systems and be quickly changed over to a raising system without switching out or replacing hardware. The combination of essential features into a single device simplifies on-scene rigging, expediting the rescue.
The MPD is UL Classified as a Pulley, Descent Control, and Belay device.
• Variable-friction descent control device for rescue systems and rappels
• Incorporates a high efficiency pulley with an integral rope-locking mechanism (ratchet) for a haul system
• Built-in becket allows cleaner rigging and more efficient pulley systems
• Allows main line and belay line rigging to be mirrored or twin-tensioned
• Functions as both a lowering brake and as a ratcheting pulley for raising
• Ideal for confined space operations because it converts rapidly to a retrieval line