Shipman's Service Department
Check the word "Services" in the Dictionary and you will find
a variety of definitions to include: a) the work or action performed by
one that serves; b) useful labor that does not produce a tangible
commodity; c) providing services or producer of goods; d) offering
repair, maintenance or incidental services; e) to perform any of the
business functions auxiliary to production or distribution.
At Shipman's Fire Equipment, service has been a cornerstone of our business for over fifty years. Quite simply, we stand behind our products and support what we sell to ensure our customer goals and objectives continue to be met. To accomplish this, we offer a wide range of services to include, but not limited to; fire extinguishers, apparatus, breathing apparatus, rescue tools, and compressors. Shipman's has invested heavily in specialized equipment, vehicles and technical training of the respective discipline for our service personnel.
Full Service Emergency Vehicle Repairs & Maintenance of ALL Manufacturer Brands of Emergency Vehicles
P u m p e r s • T a n k e r s • A e r i a l s • R e s c u e s • A m b u l a n c e s
- Chassis Service and Repairs on All Makes of Apparatus
- Federal / DOT Inspections
- Pump Service and Repairs
- NFPA 1911 Pump Testing
- Aerial Service and Repairs
- Generator Service and Repairs
- Foam System Service and Repairs
- CAFS System Service and Repairs
- Water and Foam Tank Replacements
- Light Towers
- Tire Chains
- Warning Light and Scene Light Upgrades
- Equipment Sales, Service and Installation
- Back Up Cameras
- Mobile Service and Pump Testing
- Pick Up and Delivery Service Available
The Shipman’s Advantage:
- Locally serviced at our new, state-of-the-art
SCOTT Service Center
- Servicing Rhode Island and Connecticut
- Our goal is a 7-day turnaround time
- Two specialty vehicles for on-site service at
- 24-Hour emergency service
- Pick up and Delivery service
- Serviced by Scott certified technicians
- Flow testing | Fit testing
- Hydrostatic Testing
* The Only Distributor offering Connecticut and Rhode Island the Full-Line of
SCOTT Safety Products!
Compressors | Air Supplied Respirators | Accountability | Air Purifying Respirators | Portable Gas Detection Instruments
The Shipman’s Advantage:
- We don’t charge for a service call
- All prices include inspection tag, tamper seal, and any applicable labels
- In business since 1957
- Family owned (3rd generation)
- Fully licensed and insured
- USDOT certified low pressure and high pressure hydrostatic test facility
- Full line of commercial, industrial, and residential safety and fire equipment
- Servicing the states of CT, RI and parts of MA
Shipman's has 5 qualified technicians on the road daily, and 4 in-house technicians maintaining and testing our customer’s extinguishers. We are prepared to meet all of your fire extinguisher needs - from the point of purchase, to installation, inspections, and maintenance. Extinguisher inspections and related services are conducted in-house, or at the customer’s facility when required. When necessary to remove an extinguisher for service, a loaner unit of equal UL rating is provided. Maintenance is performed and extinguishers are returned promptly. All extinguisher maintenance staff are NAFED certified, and all work meets the requirements of NFPA-10.
Annual Preventative Maintenance | Warranty Repair | Non-Warranty Repair | Installations
The annual comprehensive program offers a complete and thorough service to your Holmatro system, ensuring that it meets manufacturer’s specifications for performance, pressures, and forces.
Our comprehensive preventative maintenance program includes inspection, functional testing, repair, loaners, service maintenance record keeping, operational training and preventative maintenance training.
Full Service Repairs & Maintenance of ALL Manufacturer Brands of Breathing Air Compressors and Cascade SystemsThe Shipman’s Advantage: Shipman's Fire Equipment believes breathing air should be maintained at the highest quality. Therefore, we have assembled a team of highly trained service technicians to service today's most popular compressors. Additionally, our parts department stocks the most commonly needed replacement parts to ensure fast, reliable service of your compressor.
Air quality testing is done onsite by our trained technicians at testing interval of Annual, Semiannual, Quarterly, or on demand. Air quality test is analyzed by Trace Analytics laboratory to insure a third party level of quality.